Job Description :
Energetic Theater Concessions Associate who enjoys the active atmosphere that is created in a busy theater lobby. Adept at working in high-pressure situations, maintaining proper inventory levels and enhancing the customer's experience.
Under the direction of the House Manager, the Concessions Associate is a customer interfacing role that is responsible for selling products at all performances in the Lobby of Cinnabar Theater.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work in a Concessions Operation in Lobby of Theater selling wine, cocktails, beer, soda, snacks and treats
• Give customers excellent customer service to maximize their experience at the theater
• Process transactions quickly and efficiently, according to procedures
• Follow procedures for processing monies (cash and credit card sales); end of night report sales report
• Complete inventory reports and maintain station inventory as directed by House Manager
• Report needed supplies and materials, or maintenance problems to House Manager
• Keep concessions areas of the Theater neat and clean, sanitized and organized at all times; closing procedures will prepare the station for the next shift.
• Be aware of safety and emergency procedures and understand staff roles in emergencies.
• Inform House Manager of patron concerns as quickly as possible
• Other duties as specified by House Manager
• Must have a professional image and ability to keep calm, productive and pleasant in a job that is often fast paced and ever changing, while satisfying customers quickly and efficiently
• Experience in food service and/or retail is preferred
• Experience handling monies, working with POS systems and reconciling at end of shift
• Experience in handling and tracking inventory
• Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office) required; Point of Sale preferred
• Ability to function independently, working under tight deadlines and in a creative but sometimes chaotic atmosphere
• Background in Performing Arts and/or non-profit organizations preferred
• Attention to nuance and detail
• This is a part time position with some additional hours possible during periods of heavy demand.
• Night and weekend hours will be required.
• Shifts will be scheduled through the House Manager on an as needed basis.
• Concessions staff must work from set up through closing of the assigned station, which includes cleaning, stocking and preparation of monies for reconciliation of the shift.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Must be able to lift 30 lbs if necessary.
Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply to this position, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
No phone calls, please!!