June 16 Update
Unfortunately due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation and current safety regulations, we have postponed the in-person Mary Poppins 4-week summer camp until next year. Cinnabar’s 2019 summer camps (Disney’s Frozen Jr) consisted of two overlapping camps over five weeks; one with a cast of 60 7- to 11-year-olds and the other with a cast of 40 12 and ups. Both camps had the same teaching staff of six instructors, with our younger camp having five to 10 teen counselors. Each camp performed four shows to audiences totaling 1,040 patrons. We simply cannot mount our summer camps to comply with the necessary public health guidelines:
- Each session must have a stable group of no more than 12 campers.
- Campers cannot be enrolled at other camps with overlapping dates.
- Campers may not change from one group to another.
- All teachers must remain stable and stay with only one group throughout the camp duration.
- All teachers must wear face coverings for the duration of the camp, except to eat.
- Campers under 12 are encouraged to wear face masks.
- Students must adhere to 6 feet distancing throughout the day.
- Costumes and props cannot be shared.
- Health professionals roundly discourage group singing.
- An audience in the theater for any end-of-camp performance would not be possible.
While we desperately miss being together to collaborate in the performing arts, an online option is not a viable alternative to the show camp. We will not be holding any additional Zoom-based camps this summer.
We hope you enjoy this strange summer, staying safe and sane through all the changes. We look forward to seeing all our cherished friends back at the theater soon.