The Production Manager/Coordinator collaborates with the Artistic Director, Technical Director, local partners, volunteers to manage all production aspects of annual productions, programs and events. He/She coordinates all the production needs, including hiring and supervision of production staff and crew. In conjunction with the Technical Director, ensures that production runs smoothly as planned, by working as a mediator between the cast, crew, and the executive director. He/She is involved in any purchases needed for the productions, organizing meetings with all stakeholders involved, and organizing rehearsal among the staff and crew members for effective production. The production manager also works, in conjunction with other staff members, to solve issues that may arise during the production.
- Locate/Interview/hire production staff and crew members for each production:
- Set Designer
- Lighting Designer
- Costume Designer
- Sound Designer
- Stage manager
- Prop Manager
- Others as needed
- Coordinate volunteers for:
- Set construction and painting
- Planning and budgeting:
- In conjunction with Executive Director, Artistic Director, and Technical Director, assist in the selection of productions for season and help establish budgets for those productions.
- Schedule and preside over production meetings for each production
- Production Organization and Coordination:
- Manage facility schedules
- Rehearsal schedules
- Performance schedules
- Booked Acts
- Coordinate rehearsal space needs with Director and other Staff
- Issue contracts to all members of production team
- Assist with identifying and obtaining props
- Assist Technical Director and Set Designer with obtaining furnishings, and other set dressing
- Assist Technical Director with set construction and/or scenic painting as needed
- Attend technical rehearsals to ensure all necessary elements for production are in place and production will run smoothly.
- Coordinate with House Manager and Box Office Manager as needed to ensure all issues relative to the production are in place, ensuring the production will run smoothly.
- Manage facility schedules
- 2+ years’ experience in Production Management
- Attention to detail in fast-paced multi-faceted environment
- Strong organizational skills and knowledge of Microsoft suite, dropbox
- Team player who collaborates well and can confidently lead staff and volunteers
- Candidate should be resourceful and flexible, organized, collaborative, positive and professional
- Ability to supervise the maintenance and repair of theater throughout facility and in performance venue
- Experience with video production a plus
- Night and weekend events expected
- Proof of Covid Vaccination and valid driver’s license required
This is a Part Time position, (hours and days TBD) depending on show schedule
$25.00 per hour
To apply, send resume and cover letter to Wayne@cinnabartheater.org
No Phone calls, please!
Cinnabar Theater values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, BIPOC, LGBTQ individuals to apply.